2006 - 2007
In 2006, Canadian Tire hired Roxboro to work on the construction of a 140,000 m2 distribution centre in Coteau-du-Lac.
Roxboro was in charge of preparing the site to the client’s satisfaction in terms of traffic flow and storage, while its partner, Broccolini Construction, was responsible for the construction of the building itself. Before construction began, Roxboro was involved in drawing up development budgets for the site after Canadian Tire purchased the land in 2000.
Construction began in July 2006 and was completed in just 14 months, with the landscaping and finishing touches completed in September 2007. Due to the large amount of surface areas requiring treatment, Roxboro mobilized several of its construction teams to meet its deadlines, a point of honour for the company.
- Excavation-backfilling: 500,000 m³
- Granular infrastructure: 300,000 tonnes
- Asphalt: 100,000 tonnes, with on-site mobile asphalt plant
- Roller-compacted concrete (RCC): 75,000 m² with a thickness of 350 mm
- Fire lane: 2,500 m
- Drainage conduits: 3,000 m
- Drainage ditches: 1,500 m