Viau Terminal at the Port of Montréal
May 2016 to Fall 2017
Contract value: ± $30 M
Client: Administration portuaire de Montréal (APM)
The Viau Terminal – Lot 2 expansion is to date the largest civil engineering project awarded by the Port of Montréal. This project consisted of the following :
- Expansion of the container terminal
- Construction of running girders for two new ‘’STS’’ mega-cranes
- Construction of a new intermodal terminal
- Expansion of the Viterra railway terminal
- Repairs to existing dock wall
- Construction of new marine fenders
In addition, Roxboro executed a major environmental soil rehabilitation project of over 20,000 tons of S/S (stabilization/solidification), which included reusing as subbase, existing contaminated soils, mixed with stone and concrete.
Works were completed within a particularly tight schedule (over $25 M of works in 6 months) and very specific phasing to not hinder ongoing terminal activity.
• Decontamination = > 120,000 tons
• Dynamic compaction = 17,000 m²
• Sewers / aqueduct / drainage = > 6 km of conduits
• Railroad works
• Roller-compacted concrete (RCC), granular foundation, paving, etc.